Brent Cross Community Support Scheme: Empowering the Barnet Community
Hammerson entrusted us with implementing the Brent Cross Community Support Scheme. Focusing on addressing key issues such as food poverty, domestic violence, homelessness, and employment opportunities.
This article highlights the impact of our partnership with Hammerson and Brent Cross Shopping Centre. It sheds light on the organisations funded and the £20,000 of funding support delivered to Barnet residents.
- Addressing Food Poverty: Under the Brent Cross Community Support Scheme, one of our primary objectives was to combat food poverty within the Barnet community. Recognising the diverse needs of residents, we ensured funding catered to specific dietary requirements, including Halal and Kosher food. Through collaborations with local organisations, we were able to provide nourishment to those facing economic hardships.
- Empowering Refugees with Employment Skills: We firmly believe in fostering inclusivity and creating opportunities for marginalised groups. This funding will enable organisations to support refugees to rebuild their lives and contribute positively to society.
- Combating Domestic Violence: Domestic violence is a pressing issue that requires comprehensive support systems. Through the Brent Cross Community Support Scheme, we made it a priority to provide funding to individuals experiencing domestic violence.
Supporting Community Organisations
Recognising the invaluable role of community organisations, we directed funding towards ten local Barnet groups.
The organisations funded were:
- African Refugee Community
- Bread n Butter
- Community Network Group
- Flower Bank
- John Trotter Trust
- Living Way Ministry
- Middle Eastern Women and Society Organisation
- Wild About Our Woods
- Our Yard
The £20,000 funding support significantly boosted their ongoing initiatives and enabled them to serve the community better.
The Brent Cross Community Support Scheme Paves the Way for a Brighter Future
The Brent Cross Community Support Scheme, implemented in partnership with Hammerson and Brent Cross Shopping Centre, has exemplified the power of collaboration and community engagement. Through a targeted focus on addressing food poverty, domestic violence, homelessness, and employment opportunities, we have successfully supported the Barnet community. As we continue our journey, we remain committed to empowering communities and fostering a brighter, more inclusive future for all.